‘I love encouraging people to enjoy their beautiful bodies with acceptance and without judgment,’ – Johanna Paxton, yoga and Natural Movement practitioner
From dance to Scaravelli yoga, and biomechanics, to Natural Movement, Johanna has been exploring movement in her practice for over 20 years.
As a certified MovNat Level 1 Instructor and a trained Yoga Teacher, she is passionate about helping people to reconnect with their bodies and to find ease in movement. Johanna’s classes focus on re-establishing the connection between the mind and the body, and on rediscovering the joy of moving in new and interesting ways.
She sees movement as an embodiment of freedom, as a way to find focus, balance, and grounding in the earth, an antidote to the stresses of modern life.
Johanna’s classes and private sessions in Milford Haven, Haverfordwest and Cardiff are tailored specifically to each individual, using her knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and body mechanics.
Find a yoga and movement class in Pembrokeshire near you, here.
Johanna’s yoga and movement teacher certifications, qualifications and CPD
- Trauma Informed Community Yoga, BYRP – May 2022
- MovNat® Level 1 Trainer Certification – September 2021
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning – August 2021
- Decolonising Yoga, Philosophy, Kallie Schut 2021
- Social Justice & Your Work: Anti- Racism, Radically Awaken – April 2021
- The Modern Yogi: Online Teacher Development Course, Heart & Bones Yoga -March 2021
- MovNat® Level 1 Fundamentals – July 2020
- Decolonising Yoga, Sattva Gaia – May 2020
- Three-year Shiatsu Diploma (BSSY) – March 2014
- Body & Earth Training, Experiential Anatomy (Andrea Olsen and Caryn McHose) – June 2013
- Hands Free Massage, Teach Therapy – February 2013
- Scaravelli Inspired Yoga Intensive, Catherine Annis – June 2012
- Massage & Pregnancy, Bristol College of Massage & Bodywork – October 2011
- Swedish Massage Diploma, TB – August 2010
- Usui Reiki – First and Second Degree Teachings (MJ) – March 2007/2010
- Thai Yoga Massage Diploma, LSTM – November 2009
- Yoga Teacher Training Diploma (IYN) & (RYS), Yoga Haven Brighton – June 2008
- Foundation in Yoga Studies, Devon School of Yoga – January 2008
- MSC Environmental Risk Management, UWIC – June 2005